Hello Graduate Students!
The SACES Executive Committee invites applications for a Graduate Student Representative to serve from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. Applications for the GSR and faculty nominations will be submitted electronically by June 1, 2019.
- Current Doctoral student who is early in their program
- At least one year remaining in their doctoral program at the beginning of their term
- SACES membership for at least six months
- Completed online application
- Completed online recommendation from one faculty member, supervisor, or department chair
- Demonstrated leadership skills or potential for leadership development
- Desire to be mentored
- Strong oral and communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities
1.Represent interests and perspectives of graduate student members
2.Participate as non-voting member in SACES Executive Committee Annual Planning meetings (typically held in person each January)
3.Participate as non-voting member in ongoing Executive Committee meetings (held virtually each month)
4.Participate in SACES General Assembly/Business Meetings (held during ACES or SACES Conference each fall)
5.Participate in SACES meeting during ACA Convention (each spring, as possible)
6.Chair Graduate Student Committee
7.Coordinate First Timer Conference Attendee Event and/or other conference events (conference during year)
8.Submit annual plan (typically 9/1)
9.Submit a midterm report (typically 1/1)
10.Submit final report of activities and recommendations (typically by 5/1)
11.Additional duties as assigned.
Submit a GRS electronic application here.
Submit a faculty or supervisor recommendation here. (please share the link with your recommender)Jose “Joey” Tapia-Fuselier, Jr., M.S., CRC, LPC, NCC
SACES Graduate Student Representative