Candidates for SACES’s Treasurer
The SACES Executive Board is seeking applications for the position of SACES treasurer. The term of the current treasurer ends June 30, 2020. The term of the treasurer to be appointed is July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2022 but term may be extended at discretion of the president. Onboarding will take place during Fall 2019 and Spring 2020. The expectation of the SACES Executive Committee is that the treasurer is an active member of the leadership team and provides mentoring of other SACES members as needed.
According to the Association’s Bylaws:
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collaborate with ACES Treasurer and SACES Executive Committee to develop and submit an annual operational budget (typically by May 1st each year)
2. Collaborate with ACES Conference Coordinator and SACES Executive Committee to
develop and submit a regional conference budget (typically by Jan 1st for conference years)
3. Collect all invoices for regional expenses and forward them to ACES Treasurer
4. Maintain an accurate accounting of ongoing regional revenue and expenses to reconcile with ACES Treasurer records.
5. Submit a mid and annual Treasurer’s report to SACES Executive Committee and post to website.
6. Provide written and verbal Treasurer’s report to the General Assembly/Business Meetings during the SACES/ACES conferences each fall.
7. Chair Budget and Finance Committee; submit annual plan, mid-year, and final committee report of activities and recommendations (typically by May 1st)
1. Participate in SACES Executive Committee Annual Planning (typically held in person each January)
2. Participate in ongoing Executive Committee meetings (held virtually each month)
3. Participate in SACES General Assembly/Business Meetings (held during ACES orSACES Conference each fall)
4. Participate in SACES meeting during ACA Convention (each spring, if possible)
Applications must be received by August 15, 2019. Any member of the association is eligible for nomination; however, previous involvement in SACES is preferred. The final appointee will be selected by the SACES Executive Board. Please send a one to two page letter of interest discussing your experience with the duties and responsibilities above, a list of 2 references, and a current CV to Elizabeth Villares at firstname.lastname@example.org.