ACES Executive Director Opening
Application Deadline: October 1, 2019
Title: Executive Director
The Association for Counselor Education and Supervision is seeking a dynamic professional to serve as executive director for the organization. This position provides essential leadership to ACES and its membership community. In close collaboration with the Officers of ACES, the Executive Director will support the organization in pursuit of its goals and strategic plan.
Summary of Position: The Executive Director of the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES) commits to working 20 hours per week as an employee of the organization. The Executive Director of ACES is an ex-officio non-voting member of the Governing Council who carries out policies and instructions as developed by the ACES Governing Council. The Executive Director will also follow and participate in executing and developing, as directed by the ACES Governing Council, the strategic plan for ACES. The Executive Director will work with Governing Council to foster membership in ACES and enhance membership experiences. The Executive Director will support the fiscal management operations of ACES. The Executive Director will ensure compliance and good governance by coordinating documents efforts for ACES business. The Executive Director will coordinate efforts to promote collaboration between ACES and other organizations. Lastly, the Executive Director of ACES will maintain professional standards and practices in all aspects of representation and service to ACES.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a master’s degree in leadership, administration, education, or counseling.
- 3 years of professional leadership experience.
- Professional affiliation with the fields of Counseling and Counselor Education.
- Membership and active participation in the American Counseling Association and its divisions or branches.
- Prior leadership experiences with ACES and its divisions/branches.
- Certification/training in professional association management
- Experience including reporting to and collaborating with a governing board, travel on behalf of an association, coordination of staff, contractors, and/or volunteers, and facilitating annual reporting requirements.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary: Dependent on education and experience.
Interested applicants should provide the following materials in one PDF:
- A cover letter explaining their interest and aptitude for the position
- A resume documenting the applicant’s work history highlighting the experiences that fit the position
Application materials should be sent to Dr. Heather Ambrose at Heather.Ambrose@mail.waldenu.edu.
Questions regarding the position and application process can be directed to Dr. Heather Ambrose at Heather.Ambrose@mail.waldenu.edu.
Face-to-face interviews for the position will take place at the ACES 2019 conference in Seattle, October 10-13, 2019, although other video-conferencing interview options will be available for applicants not attending the conference.