SACES has a number of opportunities for volunteer leaders . Please note that some positions are needed only at particular times of the year while others are needed all year. The following are a list of opportunities to volunteer but this is not an exhaustive list. Please contact the person(s) listed below to volunteer for a particular activity. If you are unsure, please contact the SACES President with your preferences and s/he can forward you to the right person to get involved!
Committees & Interest Networks
We are always looking for committee and interest network members to help the leaders meet their goals. Reach out to the Chair listed on our website if there is a particular committee or interest network that appeals to you.
Each year, SACES puts out a call for reviewers to review conference proposals, awards, and research grants. If you have an interest in reviewing any of these, look for the calls and/or check our website for more details. The calls for reviewers typically go out once a year led by the leader listed below:
- Awards (July) - Awards Chair
- Research Grants (July) - Past-President
- Conference Proposals (December in regional conference years) - President-Elect-Elect
SACES conferences occur during even years and they are run completely by SACES volunteers. If you would like to get more involved in the conference, see our 2016 conference leadership and general volunteer opportunities below.
- Conference Committee - consists of the program and site chair of the
convention, the President (Shawn Spurgeon), the President‐Elect (Melanie Iarussi), and the President‐Elect‐Elect (Casey Barrio Minton),
and other members as appointed by the President and/or Executive Committee.
- Registration Co-Coordinators (Sherrionda Crawford & Shelley Reed) - announce deadlines, address member questions, manage registrations, prepare nametags, and oversee the onsite registration booth during the conference. This requires a more time-intensive commitment from May-October.
- Sponsor Coordinator (Angie Wilson) - market sponsor/exhibitor packages, coordinate advertisements for the program with the Conference Program Coordinator, ensure tables are set up for exhibitors, manage the sponsor/exhibitor relations from May-Oct.
- Program Coordinator (Casey Barrio Minton) - this person will work directly with the President-elect to put together the conference program of presentations and events. The time commitment runs approximately from Jul-Oct.
- Career-Connect Coordinators (Marcela Kepicova & Margaux Brown) - responsible for the employer-employee relations postings and events during the conference. The time commitment runs approximately Aug-Oct.
- Volunteer Coordinators (Seth Hayden & Quentin Alexander) - identify volunteers, cover and monitor volunteer assignments during the conference (e.g., registration booth, sessions, luncheon/receptions, etc.). The time commitment runs approximately Aug-Oct.
- Continuing Education Chairperson (Alessandra Rhinehart) - develop and oversee the process for tracking and providing CEU certificates to members who attend.
- General Volunteers - volunteers are needed to assist the President and conference coordinators during the conference (e.g., cover the registration booth, monitor sessions, collect tickets, monitor projectors, etc.). We will take small or large commitments of your time but volunteers who commit at least 10 hours of their conference time toward volunteer work may be eligible to receive a discounted conference rate. Contact the Volunteer Coordinators (above).